Your planning your next move. Here is a something to consider.
Are you moving over 20 miles? If so how much fuel am I going to consume in a U-Haul truck with the knowledge of having to fill the tank back to where it was when I left the rental yard.
With that being said you can almost bet that penciling it out that the fuel plus the mileage that U-Haul charges will be more than the one way trip.
For instance say you are making a trip to Medford from Salem.
U-Haul would charge the rate of $230.00 and they would allow 288 miles to achieve the move. Now if you were planning to round trip it you would double the mileage and multiply it by the mileage rate of .69 cents for the weekly rate and you would get the rate of $394.00 not to mention that the daily rate of the U-Haul would cost 29.95 plus you still have to refuel before you take it back. Secondly you would have a window of 24 hours to accomplish your task on a round trip whereas U-Haul allows three days to allow for safe travel to drop off in Medford.
Normally the better solution and less stressful way to plan your move is to choose U-Haul with their low decks, wide ramps and affordable one way moves when moving away from the town your currently living in.
Disclaimer: This is a demonstration of affordability. The rates shown above are for demonstration only. All rates shown above may not reflect the current rate being charged for a rental as the market changes due to supply and demand. At all times make your reservation with the knowledge that as a U-Haul dealer, we at Storage Oregon are looking to make your move transition smoothly.
Your U haul, RV, 5th Wheel,Toy hauler,Pickup and car and Toy storage.
4995 Ridge Rd Salem Oregon.
Schedule yours today by calling 971-338-4444
U haul News
- Sacramento returns to U-Haul's top-10 list - KCRA Sacramento
- U-Haul ranks KC as 9th best destination city - Kansas City Star
- U-Haul Offering 30 Days of Free Self-Storage and U-Box Portable Moving and ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- About 162000 U-Haul vehicle trailer hitches recalled - U.S. News & World Report
- WINE COUNTRY: Burglars bring U-Haul to home break-in - Press-Enterprise
- Woman sought in Pearl for keeping U-Haul trailer - Jackson Clarion Ledger
- U-Haul Offering 30 Days of Free Self-Storage to Oklahoma Residents Affected ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- U-Haul Offers Free Self-Storage or U-Box Storage to Houston Storm and Flood ... - Inside Self-Storage
- U-Haul to Announce Top 10 US Destination Cities via Twitter Starting Today - MarketWatch
- Santa Maria Men Get Life in Prison in U-Haul Murder - KEYT
Salem Oregon Driving News
- Suspected hit-and-run driver arrested after man found dead in Salem - OregonLive.com
- Affidavit: Driver accused of deadly hit-and-run stopped, didn't see anything - KPTV.com
- Driver faces more charges in death of toddler, newborn - Winston-Salem Journal
- Red Sox prospect Michael Kopech dominating in Greenville - Boston Globe (subscription)
- Two Davidson County men arrested in break-in - Winston-Salem Journal
- Dear Abby: Mom should seek detour around in-laws' poor driving - The Salem News
- Pedestrian killed in hit and run on Salem Parkway - Statesman Journal
- Lack of Greater Boston homes to buy reignites bidding wars - Boston Globe (subscription)
- Nervous or drunk? Francisco Vargas gets probation in drunken driving case - The Salem News
- Steady as you go: Ride-along with Nancy Schulz - newtoncitizen