Air Stream is the Harley Davidson of travel trailers. When you see one as you passing it on the road you automatically are taken in by the sleek lines and the familiar mirror of the skin.
In Jackson Ohio Air Streams are born through a production line that is ¾ of a mile long. You will find not one robot like what you might at an automotive plant. Piece by piece the trailer comes to life in a sequence laid out and improved upon since the time of Wally Byam in 1929.
They start with the lightest weight box channel steel frame metal that provides the best strength in the market. Using this gives the ability for any water to find its way out should it get into the underbelly of the trailer. Coated with paint it inhibits rust and provides the backbone from which to start the process of producing one of America’s loved Icons, The Air Stream.
Next the axles are installed along with the underbelly, the door step , and propane gas lines.
The axles employ an “immovable rubber torsion axle system” . This provides for a smoother ride due to fact that the rubber that is inserted between the spindel shaft and the steel axle tube is naturally self dampening which lowers the chance of trailer hop experienced with leaf springs found on most trailer systems. Because there is no metal to metal contact it makes for a quieter ride with no maintenance required.
With the axles in place the unit is turned back over to receive plumbing, tanks heat ducts, and insulation. Air Streams idea was to provide heat to the water tank so that it would not freeze in in-climate weather. When all is done and inspected, the floor goes in and provides two distinct advantages for Air Stream. Number one, the floor is fastened to the frame causing a strong flooring system and two a means to attach the aluminum channels that join the “shell” and floor together.
Once the shell is in place and hand riveted to the channels it is time for the roof sheet to be put on. All the holes are cut out such as the windows, air conditioner, fans for the ceiling and bathroom. The next step of course is to install the components then seal them into place with a high grade sealant. The door is affixed along with all of the access panels creating the outside appearance of being almost done.
Trim & tail lights graphics are the last to be attached to the exterior of the trailer before it goes under an intensive bath of high water jets to find possible water leaks.
The Air Stream is then insulated with ½ inch batting before the wiring is installed. The interior walls are laid in. Electrical is then checked out before installation of appliances or furniture. Carpet and flooring are put in before the rest of the trailer is outfitted.As with all products it must be inspected for Quality Assurance.
Then the birth of a new Air Stream is announced in the way of putting its own unique serial number normally next to the front door for easy identification.
Air Stream estimates that 60-70 percent of the trailers were “Born” before 2006 are still on the road. Here at Storage Oregon we are a portion of that percentage. We wish to allow you the opportunity to experience your own adventure in one of our Air Streams. Visit our page to learn more: http://www.storage-oregon.com/2011/12/renting-a-vintage-airstream-for-many-usages
Wally had a dream that all the comforts of home could be taken with you when you traveled in his travel trailer. Hence the bathroom with inclusive tub and shower, kitchen designed with you in mind, bedroom and living area are all put in to make you feel right at home.
Watch our youtube video and see how nice this trailer is inside and out.
I would like to know about the low cost Airstream rentals and availability:
Vintage Airstream News:
- Vintage Airstream becomes mobile office for Silicon Valley entrepreneur - Dezeen
- Herman: How a bunch of aluminum, rivets and wheels brought two families together - austin360
- This 1974 Airstream could be the perfect ‘plug and play Airbnb’ - The Spaces
- BNP Paribas: New Activities On Tap For Fans In Tennis Paradise - Patch.com
- Art happenings in Taos for the week of Feb. 14 - taosnews
- Vintage Airstream history comes to Salem - Statesman Journal
- Airstream trailer is 140 square feet of vintage style made modern - Curbed
- Earthy wallpaper patterns liven up this vintage Airstream renovation - Treehugger
- Husband & wife's vintage Airstream is a renovated home and office on wheels - Treehugger
- Vintage Airstream renovation: From meh to marvelous - Today.com
- Airstream, AT&T Adds New Connectivity, Wi-Fi Upgrades - Fortune
- Airstream joins the 21st Century with a smart home on wheels - KnowTechie
- AT&T's LTE is now an option on all Airstream camping trailers - Engadget
- Airstream Gets Smart, But Stays Retro - Bloomberg
- Midtown Airstream Coffee Bar | Chow | Bend - The Source Weekly
- Travel in Style with Airstream of Scottsdale! - 12news.com KPNX
- Airstream trailer renovated into mobile office - Curbed
- Classic 1960s Airstream is ready for work and play - New Atlas
- Plein air from an Airstream: St. Louis artist Patrick Saunders paints America from his trailer - STLtoday.com
- Airstream hotel chain raises $115 million - Finance and Commerce
RV Rental News:
- Some Tips on Planning Your First RV Rental for a Music Festival - - VENTS Magazine
- RVshare To Give Away a Bucket List Road Trip Down Historic Route 66 - PRNewswire
- Local RV park encourages tourism all year - Times-Journal
- RV Dallas Rolls Out Extensive Inventory for "Off the Rails Country Music Festival" Attendees - PR Web
- VetsRoll rolling into 10th year - Rockford Register Star
- TH2 Joint Venture Names Daniel Hest CEO - PRNewswire
- Onfido partners with RVshare to build trust in peer-to-peer vehicle sharing - RealWire
- RV Rental | How to Rent an RV - Popular Mechanics
- Entrepreneur opening RV rental at Bozeman airport | Business - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle
- Local entrepreneur launches RV rental business – Explore Big Sky - Explore Big Sky
Oregon Roadway News:
- Bus drivers navigate winter roadways to get athletes to events - Bend Bulletin
- Portland metro Tuesday traffic: Snow shows up; slick roads, crashes slow travel - OregonLive
- Motorcycle lane-splitting bill reignites debate over safety concerns - OregonLive
- Traffic Technology Services, Inc. Establishes Oregon DOT as First Statewide Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Service, Escalates Virginia DOT to Largest - Associated Press
- Portland snowstorm 2019: What you need to know - OregonLive
- Portland weather alert: Icy roads will make driving treacherous tonight - OregonLive
- Flooding reported throughout Oregon, SW Washington - KOIN.com
- City of Bend Clearing Roadways Tuesday - myCentralOregon.com
- Bouts of rain, snow to target northwestern US into next week - AccuWeather.com
- Timing gets more clear on PNW snowstorm - KOIN.com