Air Stream is the Harley Davidson of travel trailers. When you see one as you passing it on the road you automatically are taken in by the sleek lines and the familiar mirror of the skin.
In Jackson Ohio Air Streams are born through a production line that is ¾ of a mile long. You will find not one robot like what you might at an automotive plant. Piece by piece the trailer comes to life in a sequence laid out and improved upon since the time of Wally Byam in 1929.
They start with the lightest weight box channel steel frame metal that provides the best strength in the market. Using this gives the ability for any water to find its way out should it get into the underbelly of the trailer. Coated with paint it inhibits rust and provides the backbone from which to start the process of producing one of America’s loved Icons, The Air Stream.
Next the axles are installed along with the underbelly, the door step , and propane gas lines.
The axles employ an “immovable rubber torsion axle system” . This provides for a smoother ride due to fact that the rubber that is inserted between the spindel shaft and the steel axle tube is naturally self dampening which lowers the chance of trailer hop experienced with leaf springs found on most trailer systems. Because there is no metal to metal contact it makes for a quieter ride with no maintenance required.
With the axles in place the unit is turned back over to receive plumbing, tanks heat ducts, and insulation. Air Streams idea was to provide heat to the water tank so that it would not freeze in in-climate weather. When all is done and inspected, the floor goes in and provides two distinct advantages for Air Stream. Number one, the floor is fastened to the frame causing a strong flooring system and two a means to attach the aluminum channels that join the “shell” and floor together.
Once the shell is in place and hand riveted to the channels it is time for the roof sheet to be put on. All the holes are cut out such as the windows, air conditioner, fans for the ceiling and bathroom. The next step of course is to install the components then seal them into place with a high grade sealant. The door is affixed along with all of the access panels creating the outside appearance of being almost done.
Trim & tail lights graphics are the last to be attached to the exterior of the trailer before it goes under an intensive bath of high water jets to find possible water leaks.
The Air Stream is then insulated with ½ inch batting before the wiring is installed. The interior walls are laid in. Electrical is then checked out before installation of appliances or furniture. Carpet and flooring are put in before the rest of the trailer is outfitted.As with all products it must be inspected for Quality Assurance.
Then the birth of a new Air Stream is announced in the way of putting its own unique serial number normally next to the front door for easy identification.
Air Stream estimates that 60-70 percent of the trailers were “Born” before 2006 are still on the road. Here at Storage Oregon we are a portion of that percentage. We wish to allow you the opportunity to experience your own adventure in one of our Air Streams. Visit our page to learn more: https://www.storage-oregon.com/2011/12/renting-a-vintage-airstream-for-many-usages
Wally had a dream that all the comforts of home could be taken with you when you traveled in his travel trailer. Hence the bathroom with inclusive tub and shower, kitchen designed with you in mind, bedroom and living area are all put in to make you feel right at home.
Watch our youtube video and see how nice this trailer is inside and out.
I would like to know about the low cost Airstream rentals and availability:
Vintage Airstream News:
- Vintage trailer resorts offer a road trip without a hitch - Philly.com
- Airstream renovated into midcentury modern dream - Curbed
- Behind the tin wall: Airstream owners are a special breed - Wicked Local Wellfleet
- 4 Hotels that Are Actually Restored Vintage Travel Trailers - The Manual
- A guide to nearby glamping sites Austinites can explore - Community Impact Newspaper
- 2019 Preview: Baltimore Orioles, Camden Yards - Ballpark Digest
- Farm-to-table, carry out restaurant Guerrilla Food is headed to Palmer Park - Detroit Metro Times
- The Ten Best Restaurants in West Palm Beach - New Times Broward-Palm Beach
- Old Capitol Hill makes a comeback at Scratch Deli turned Capitol Hill Vaudeville vintage market and cafe - CHS Capitol Hill Seattle News
- 23 Instagram Captions For California Sunsets & Endless Beach Days - Elite Daily
- Get Your 'Glamping' Fix In An Airstream Trailer - Texas Standard
- Airstream renovated into midcentury modern dream - Curbed
- Airstream travel trailer manufacturer operating on 100% renewable energy credits - Atlanta Journal Constitution
- A rare 1962 Airstream is a marvelous home with a whimsical, midcentury design - Inhabitat
- Rare Western Pacific Airstream Trailer Makeover - Timeless Travel Tiny Home - HouseBeautiful.com
- Airstream, REI, Petco, Honda Prank Customers 04/02/2019 - MediaPost Communications
- Muscle Shoals Sound Airstream is getting a facelift - WAFF
- Airstream hotel luxury campground opens near Yosemite - Curbed SF
- Artists' housing in downtown Phoenix might (literally) elevate the Airstream - The Architect's Newspaper
- Airstream manufacturer operates 100 percent on renewable energy credits - Dayton Daily News
RV Rental News:
- New national park guides make RV camping easy - Curbed
- Outdoorsy Partners with Liberty Mutual on Industry-First Sharing Economy RV Rental Insurance - PRNewswire
- Liberty Mutual soaring with Outdoorsy on RV rental insurance - Insurance Business
- Siuslaw News | Port raises rates for camping, RVs - Siuslaw News
- Mighway--RV Rental Marketplace Celebrates Earth Day and Arbor Day by Planting 100 Trees and Waiving Fees for Every Booking in April - PRNewswire
- 10 RVs under $200 a day for your next road trip - USA TODAY
- Outdoorsy Launches Over 1000 National and State Park Guides - TravelPulse
- Best Ways to Celebrate National Park Week - TravelPulse
- Win a 7-Day Travel Trailer Rental from Access RV! - KSTU FOX 13 Salt Lake City
- 4 stops you'll want to make in Florence: Gerry Frank's picks - OregonLive
Oregon Roadway News:
- Dunefest 2019 in Oregon is right around the corner - That Oregon Life
- Letters, April 18 - Mail Tribune
- Portland police still investigating why pedestrian died Friday on NE Broadway -- in 17th fatality of 2019 - OregonLive
- Salem prepares for high river levels on Willamette after evacuations in Eugene - Statesman Journal
- Heavy rains create flooding in Pullman; Oregon and Idaho also affected - Seattle Times
- Roads flooding on Fremont-Winema National Forest; Lake County schools closed - Herald and News
- Flooding in Lakeview [VIDEO] - Klamath Falls News
- City Commissioner Chloe Eudaly Is Latest Official to Question Oregon Department of Transportation Over Highway Project - Willamette Week
- Studded tire season ends March 31 - Gales Creek Journal
- Yamhill County approves controversial trail | Oregon - Capital Press